MORINGA – THE MIRACLE TREE
Imagine a tree in your backyard that will meet all your nutritional needs, take care of you medicinally, and purify your water for you. This tree actually exists. For centuries, the natives of northern India and many parts of Africa have known of the many benefits of Moringa oleifera.
Its uses are as unique as the names it is known by, such as clarifier tree, horseradish tree and drumstick tree (referring to the large drumstick shaped pods) and in East Africa it is called “mother’s best friend”. Virtually every part of the tree can be used. Native only to the foothills of the Himalayas, it is now widely cultivated in Africa, Central and South America, Sri Lanka, India, Malaysia and the Philippines. This tree, though little known in the Western world, is nutritional dynamite. There are literally hundreds of uses for this tree.
Current research, consisting of many highly reputable medical, science, and globally recognized health institutions, suggests that Moringa oleifera possesses numerous therapeutic properties for proper health. Among these institutions are John Hopkins School of Medicine, the World Health Organization, the Center for Disease Control, and the National Institutes of Health.
Dozens of humanitarian organizations promote the use of Moringa in poverty stricken areas to combat malnutrition and its adverse effects on the body.
Zija’s Moringa Facts
01. 3 times the Potassium in bananas 02. 7 times the Vitamin-C as in oranges
03. 25 times the Iron in spinach
04. 4 times the Calcium in milk
05. 4 times the Vitamin A in carrots
06. 46 Antioxidants
07. 36 Anti-Inflammatories
08. Omegas 3, 6, and 9
A NATURAL, NUTRITIONAL POWERHOUSE
While its one of the newer discoveries to modern science, Moringa has been making strides in various societies for thousands of years. Moringa continues to amaze the scientific world with its amazing balance of antioxidants, minerals, and amino acids.
Ancient Indian writings, dating as far back as 150 B.C. refer to the Moringa plant and its uses. Early Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians prized Moringa for its therapeutic properties and also used it to protect skin, make perfume, and purify drinking water.
In addition to its wealth of vitamins and minerals, the Moringa plant provides a rich and rare combination of zeatin (a potent antioxidant), quercetin (a flavonoid known for its ability to neutralize free radicals and relieve inflammation), beta-sitosterol (a nutrient superstar that blocks “bad” (or LDL) cholesterol formation or build-up and is an anti-inflammatory agent for the body), caffeoylquinic acid (another powerful anti-inflammatory compound), and kaempferol (a key nutrient that promotes healthy body cellular function). We call this compound Z-Atin, and it’s found on in Zija. Z-Atin is the metabolic trigger for complete nutrient absorption and its guarantees that you get all the goodness of Moringa found in Zija.
Scientific research also suggests mitochontrial sirtuins (a group of enzymes) that exist in every cell are the master regulators the divert energy into cellular preservation. Moringa oleifara is very rich in such enzymes, which are unmodified, or unharmed, when you use Zija products.
Zija is formulated for bioavailablity and easy absorption in the body. Just one serving of Zija per day provides you with vital antioxidants, minerals, omega oils, and essential amino acids.
Using science, not fiction, Russ Bianchi developed the proprietary Zija beverage to contain efficacious levels of 90 plus cell-ready nutrients. This patent pending formulation delivers multiple anti-aging and anti-inflammatory compounds that vitalize the mind and body.
The science and quality control that goes into making Zija is the reason we have the premier natural beverage in the wellness industry today. Zija provides you with a balanced, convenient, approach to your nutrition.
Russ Bianchi – Original Science Advisory Board Scientist & Food Formulator
Russ is the formulator of the Zija beverage and is one of Zija’s product development consultants. Mr. Bianchi is the founder and Managing Director of Adept Solutions, Inc., a global product development, formulation, creation, and existing brand conversion firm. He is an expert in nutritional bioavailability and a highly respected formulator of many recognized nutritional branded products worldwide. He is also an acclaimed speaker and author of food technology and nutritional articles, and has been extensively quoted in the media.
Dr. Monica G. Marcu – Scientist, Researcher & Author
Dr. Marcu holds a Ph.D. (pharmacology), Pharm.D. (Doctor of Pharmacy), Nursing Degree, and a Bachelor of Fine Arts. Dr. Marcu is a highly respected researcher and clinical pharmacologist, and has been “in love with trees,” as she puts it, ever since she can remember. This early love and fascination led her to study plants, particularly medicinal and healing plants, and her study and research of Moringa is incorporated in her book “Miracle Tree.” Dr. Marcu’s background as an expert on the nutrient-rich Moringa is impressive. She has worked in clinical pharmacies and in biomedical research laboratories at the University of Ottawa, the National Institute of Health, and the National Cancer Institute.
Zija Welcomes Dr. Joshua Plant, Ph.D.
Director of Research Sciences
Josh graduated at the top of his class from Harvard Medical School with a Ph.D. in biomedical sciences. He has done extensive research and been published himself on various health and nutrition topics. He works meticulously to ensure that the quality and nutritional value of Zija’s products is second to none.
“We work tirelessly to ensure that Moringa’s nutritional properties are conserved as much as possible during its harvesting and preparation. While shade drying is a much longer and more costly process than drying in the sun, it also prevents harmful UV rays from crosslinking vitamins and minerals, which would render them inert. This once again demonstrates Zija’s commitment to delivering the most nutritious Moringa possible.”
- Nourishes the Body’s Immune System. Moringa oleifera provides many dozens of nutrients that strengthen your body’s immune system.
- Promotes Healthy Circulation. Research strongly suggests that Moringa oleifera can help support both health and function of the circulatory, blood, and cardiovascular system.
- Supports Normal Blood Glucose. Moringa oleifera provides a wide array of nutrients that help normalize blood glucose levels.
- Is Enzymatically Alive. Scientific research demonstrates that Moringa oleifera is rich in enzymes.
- Is Supported by Modern Scientific Findings. Current research, consisting of many highly reputable medical, science, and globally recognized health institutions, suggests that Moringa oleifera possesses numerous therapeutic properties.
- Provides Natural Anti-Aging Benefits. Moringa’s wide array of antioxidant nutrients can protect the body’s cells and prevent many of the common conditions associated with aging.
- Delivers Anti-Inflammatory Support. Several compounds in the Moringa plant are known to support normal anti-inflammatory activity in the body.
- Boosts Real Kinesiological Energy Safely. Moringa may improve mental and cognitive clarity via many amino acids and B vitamins.
- Improves your Metabolism. The nutrient benefits in Moringa provide a gentle nudge over time to improve the body’s metabolic processes because of critical nutrients.
- Has a Long Ayurvedic History. Historical and medical texts indicate that eastern Ayurvedic healers have employed the Moringa plant for thousands of years.
- Supplies Nutrients Missing in the Modern Diet. The Moringa plant provides the nutrient benefits that so many diets lack. In fact, we are receiving 75% less nutrient value for current calories consumed.
- The Most Nutrient-Rich Plant Ever Discovered. Many experts feel that Moringa oleifera boasts the widest array of vital nutrients of any botanical known on the planet.
*Moringa products are not formulated to cure or treat any diseases, disease symptoms, medical conditions or ailments.
100% Organic Moringa
Vitamins A (Alpha and Beta-Carotene), B, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, C, D, E, K, Folic Acid, Biotin and more
Calcium, Chloride, Chromium, Copper, Fluorine, Iron, Manganese, Magnesium, Molybdenum, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Selenium, Sulfur, Zinc
All 8 Essential Amino Acids
Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Valine
10 Additional Amino Acids
Alanine, Arganine, Aspartic Acid, Cystine, Glutamine, Glycine, Histidine, Proline, Serine, Tyrosine
Other Beneficial Nutrients
Chlorophyll, Carotenoids, Cytokinins, Flavonoids, Omega (3, 6, 9) oils, Plant Sterols, Polyphenols, Lutein, Xanthins, Rutin, and more.
Who Is Studying Moringa?
There are about 200 Universities and Research institutions around the world, along with Scientific Journals that have investigated, studied and published results about the Moringa plant and its use for improving human health.
Los Angeles Times – “Scientifically speaking, Moringa sounds like magic. It can rebuild weak bones, enrich anemic blood and enable a malnourished mother to nurse her starving baby. Doctors use it to treat diabetes in West Africa and high blood pressure in India …. And it’s not only good for you, it’s delicious.”
This short video highlights the Moringa documentary created by the Discovery Channel.
Running Time: 10:25 minutes
Moringa Trumps Again
Moringa oleifera recently went head-to-head against some of the world’s top superfoods in an ORAC test*. ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) is a method of measuring antioxidant capacities in biological samples. The results were astounding; Moringa outperformed the following antioxidant superfoods
- Dark Chocolate
- Goji Berries
- Red Wine
* ORAC is just one of many tests that are available to evaluate the benefits of Moringa